Enter Details For More Information[contact-form-7 id="133" title="details"]
Workers deaths in Britain at all time low
The number of fatalities at work in Britain fell from 178 to a record low of 151, from 2008/09 to 2009/10. This is now an annual average of 220 over the previous 5 years. The one negative in these statistics is that deaths in agriculture increased from 25 to 38 over the course of the year.
This information has been released by the Health and Safety Executive, and also records large fall in other historically dangerous industries.
41 construction workers died compared with the five year average of 66
42 service workers died compared to the five year average of 72
24 fatalities in manufacturing compared with the five year average of 38
Internationally Britain has suffered fewer fatal work related accidents over the past six years than the other four leading European industrial nations – France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
It looks like the health and Safety Executive are doing a great job.
Leave a Reply
- Are You Getting The Most From Your PPC?
- The History of Social Media
- Is Twitter a Waste Of Time?
- Latest Google Algo Update – A Disaster?
- It Doesn’t Have To Be An April Fools Joke
- Be Careful What You Tweet
- Content Above The Fold Algo Change
- Google Planning An SEO Backlash
- How I got started.
- SEO Tips
- SEO Basics
- Google Bowling – Fact or Fiction?
- Aldershit – BBC – Phil Dawkes