Enter Details For More Information
5 Great Sources of Linkbait
What is Linkbait?
Linkbait is used to attract traffic to your website or blog. It is content on your site written to entertain anger or educate your readers. If these articles are well written and create a reaction then you will create a buzz that spreads through the internet virally from one site to another producing links and comments about what you have written. The search engine spiders then follow these links back to your site and hey presto! Your ranking improves.
Here are 5 different types of linkbait which will bring links and visitors pouring back to your site:
- Argument and Debate. Have a rant about something (or someone) in a really negative fashion and you will invite a whole load of attention to your site. People will argue with you, call you names, agree with you, support you…everything! It doesn’t matter because the attention is there, the comments will flow and you will be attracting plenty of links. Great Linkbait!
- News. Write about what is happening now in the world. Both with the internet and the world in general. If you keep up with breaking news, even a short blog post will produce links to your sites.
- Knowledge. This is always a good one. If you pen information and articles that educate people then you will always get a good response. People are hungry for knowledge.
- Make them laugh. A bit of humour goes a long way. Keep it brief, remember ‘Brevity is the soul of Wit’. But funny stories, anecdotes, videos and cartoons will keep people coming back to your site.
- Resource. Build a good resource list and viewers will link to it. A resource list can be incredibly useful for someone involved in your specific niche and will become a reference for them. This is probably one of the best forms of linkbait that you can have. A niche specific list of resources is invaluable and will generate far more links and traffic than your other pages of content, no matter how good that may be.
So keep these 5 points in mind, or better still link to this page, and you can start building your own linkbait straight away!
One Response to “5 Great Sources of Linkbait”
Leave a Reply
- Are You Getting The Most From Your PPC?
- The History of Social Media
- Is Twitter a Waste Of Time?
- Latest Google Algo Update – A Disaster?
- It Doesn’t Have To Be An April Fools Joke
- Be Careful What You Tweet
- Content Above The Fold Algo Change
- Google Planning An SEO Backlash
- How I got started.
- SEO Tips
- SEO Basics
- Google Bowling – Fact or Fiction?
- Aldershit – BBC – Phil Dawkes