Enter Details For More Information
Google Planning An SEO Backlash
Here’s the latest from Matt Cutts regarding over SEO’d websites:
“What about the people optimizing really hard and doing a lot of SEO. We don’t normally pre-announce changes but there is something we are working in the last few months and hope to release it in the next months or few weeks. We are trying to level the playing field a bit. All those people doing, for lack of a better word, over optimization or overly SEO – versus those making great content and great site. We are trying to make GoogleBot smarter, make our relevance better, and we are also looking for those who abuse it, like too many keywords on a page, or exchange way too many links or go well beyond what you normally expect. We have several engineers on my team working on this right now.”
Looks like we can expect some more rankings changes in the coming weeks/months – busy times indeed in the SEO world.
Leave a Reply
- The History of Social Media
- Is Twitter a Waste Of Time?
- Latest Google Algo Update – A Disaster?
- It Doesn’t Have To Be An April Fools Joke
- Be Careful What You Tweet
- Content Above The Fold Algo Change
- Google Planning An SEO Backlash
- How I got started.
- SEO Tips
- SEO Basics
- Google Bowling – Fact or Fiction?
- Aldershit – BBC – Phil Dawkes
- Is SEO becoming Spam?