Enter Details For More Information
Follow me on Twitter
Twitter Following – How to Increase.
I have had a lot of emails recently regarding increasing your Twitter following so I have decided to post the details here, it is short and to the point, hope it helps.
The way Twitter works is that you follow people, and they follow you back, or vice versa. Unfortunately there are some strict limits applied. You can follow up to 2,000 people but after that you are limited to following only 1.1 times the number of people that are following you. So if you have 10,000 followers, you can follow up to 11,000 people and no more. There is also a daily limit to the number of people you can follow of 500.
The next issue is that a lot of people who you follow will not follow you back, so it is essential to periodically unfollow everyone who has not followed you back, then you can start adding followers again.
So, to increase your following you will need to follow lots of people (up to 500 per day), then you will need to unfollow all those who do not follow you back (I would normally leave it 7 days before unfollowing).
Using these basic rules your following will slowly, but surely, increase. This takes time and patience but as you get more followers the rate of increase will speed up.
Also if you haven’t already, get registered on Twellow.com
I do offer a service to do all of the above for you, but this comes at a cost of £50 ($75) per month. Email me at email@example.com/ if you are interested in this service
Hope the above helps and remember that you really have to be patient to grow your twitter following. If you follow the above rules then over time you will be able to build up a large following. There’s lots of ebooks and advice out there, and various tools, but the above is pretty much all I have used to get my 70,000+ followers.
ps. If you have found this post useful please link to it or leave a comment. Thanks!
pps. Join my newsletter by filling out the blue form on the right, it’s full of useful information.
ppps. If you have any of your own tips for increasing Twitter following please feel free to add them in the comments. Cheers!
16 Responses to “Follow me on Twitter”
Leave a Reply
- The History of Social Media
- Is Twitter a Waste Of Time?
- Latest Google Algo Update – A Disaster?
- It Doesn’t Have To Be An April Fools Joke
- Be Careful What You Tweet
- Content Above The Fold Algo Change
- Google Planning An SEO Backlash
- How I got started.
- SEO Tips
- SEO Basics
- Google Bowling – Fact or Fiction?
- Aldershit – BBC – Phil Dawkes
- Is SEO becoming Spam?
Find us on twitter
- Off to football. Perfect weather, blowing a gale & chucking it down. I blame the Met Office.
- It's just me who prefers the mountains then! At least you wont be short of vitamin D.
- Looks like I'm in the minority...mountains! Don't like sand in every nook and cranny
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- Giro d'Italia stage 19 has been cancelled due to snow http://t.co/aWNhueLgzW
- It's 'JIF' not 'GIF' you idiots. http://t.co/HYRFYc4CRb
- Do you eve use Creative Commons license? Very useful. here's a quick video I made using CC http://t.co/OG3nArLcMq